Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 41 - Best Western Tehachapi

A short day, thankfully as it was super hot out there. By hot I'm thinking 80 by 11 am when we got to Hwy 58. It was only an 8 mile walk but I'm glad I didn't have to do more. I'd say it's in the high 80's here in town but since I'm sitting in my room right next to the AC, I'm good to go. 

The walk was nice with some flowers to smell along the way but mostly it was windmills, hills and trail. The good news?There was no wind so I was able to deploy my umbrella by 7:30...the earliest deployment yet. 


This was on the switchbacks down to the highway. So was this...


I think it's cool that someone hauled this way up the mountain just so someone else has a nice spot to sit along the way. 

Here we are, packs lined up waiting for Tortise the driver to pick us up and take us to town. 

Which ones have 566 miles on them?
I'm so happy to have new shoes...


No comments:

Post a Comment