Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 32 - Hiker Heaven

It's hard to really describe Hiker Heaven. Donna and Jeff Saufley are two folks who open their place to hikers, horses and stray critters of every sort. Dogs, cats, stinky people all have a place to rest and recuperate here while on their journeys. The four legged critters don't usually leave but the stinky hikers are limited to three days and two nights. Understandably because it is kind of hard to leave this spot. 

So this is what happens. You come in the gate and are greeted by a host of volunteers who give you the dirt on how things go here. 

First there is the shower process. They give you clothes to change into...
Then you shower in the trailer...
And wait till your clothes dry. While all of this is happening you can look through all the boxes sent here for the stuff you sent. For me this was three boxes...
Then you can choose a spot to pitch your tent or, in my case, I was upgraded to an RV...
It pays to know the volunteers...

There is a fire pit (which isn't being used now due to extreme fire problems)
If you are linked in there is a spot to connect your devices (I dropped of my old laptop here in March for hiker use) and the internet is free..,
If you have a need to leave gear, or get some gear, here is your spot...
In between all of this is the beauty....



Oh, did I mention I had a crown fall off two weeks ago? Well today I went to the dentist and got it reglued...
The dentist is a friend of Donnas. And a Tri-athlete...she did a good job I think...
It's the one at the back, far right. TMI?

No comments:

Post a Comment