Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Getting there

Yesterday I piled all my boxes (32 of 'um) into my van and drove them over to Angela's place. I was amazed to find they tucked nicely into her clothes closet, so it appears they won't take up too much room in her small home. That done I can finally deal with putting stuff away and cleaning the floors for once. Since it is raining today I guess I'll wait till it gets less muddy. What's that old saying? "Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow?" Something like that…
I've been doing pretty well on my long lists and I was actually thinking I might get everything done before leaving-home day. But because it wouldn't be life if things went entirely smoothly I got a call back from the Dermatologists office asking me to call them back on the results of some skin spots I had removed last week. It appears I have a common cancer called Squamous Cell Carcinoma that needs to be surgically removed before I leave on Sunday. Remarkably I was able to get an appointment for this Friday to do the deed but I'll be sporting stitches when I hit the trail. 7-10 days later, approximately at Laguna Mountains - mile 42ish, I'll need to find a way to remove the stitches. It can't be that hard, right?
Fortunately, it was a small spot to begin with so hopefully there won't be too big a hole in my forearm. It's all those years as a lifeguard and outside worker coming back to haunt me. Oh well. I guess I'm lucky to have lived long enough to get this thing in the first place. Polyanna rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment