Saturday, June 23, 2012

June 23rd IKEA Snafu

Yesterday we went to IKEA to buy cabinets for the Toolery. As usual we had fun looking at all the stuff and thinking of what we must have but fortunately I don't have a home to put stuff in so I was able to resist purchasing things.

The fun stopped after we paid for the the stuff and began the long and boring wait to have the cabinets pulled from the warehouse. It must have taken an hour to get the goodies but finally we were done and on the road home. Back at the Toolery we managed to get the first three cabinets done and installed with ease but when we broke open the last box what did we see but that the cabinet had been previously assembled, then disassembled and put back in the box. That was a bit irritating in itself but when we went to hang the cabinet, the necessary hardware was MIA. WTF? Not only did they sell us something used as new, but it wasn't even complete! Grrrrrr.

I got on the phone and called the customer service line only to be told my two options were to drive back to IKEA (100 mile round trip) or we could wait for two weeks to have the parts shipped from Sweden. As much as I like some of their products, this kind of thing is way more common with this company than I like. This is a perfect example of the worst kind of customer service and outcome. I'm still cranky about it.

Pictures of A at IKEA and the cabinets completed. I know none of this has anything to do with backpacking but it is what I'm up to right now.

2 comments:

  1. Sure looks fine! So what didja decide to do about the missing hardware?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Oakland yesterday and bought the parts. Couldn't wait for Sweden to send them!

    ReplyDelete