Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16th Casa de Gleason

Greetings from Wrightwood, CA. I am comfortably lounging about in Angela's parents cabin about a mile from the downtown area and have been joined by Mother Goose who just walked into town today.

My friends Chris and Lisa drove up this noon from Alhambra for a visit and lunch and we joined up with a bunch of hikers at a local eatery. I think it might have been their inaugural thru hiker contact and the talk was fast and food consumption furious. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.

Alphabet Soup had gone on tonight as he appears to be hitting his stride and he doesn't seem as affected by the heat. So he is off and running.

Me, I am planning another rest day tomorrow and will do as much foot remediation as possible before I get back out there on Friday. I hope the heat moderates by then. I hope, I hope, I hope. I know my attitude is better now that I'm off my feet and I'm showered with clean clothes. Funny that.

Rumor has it Stacey is planning to drive over tomorrow and hang with us for the day. There may be a BBQ in our future.

Well that's the update from Wrightwood. Thanks everyone for your support and encouraging words in the wake of my meltdown. I'm hopeful I will do better when I get back out there.

The rock is for Angela. I was going to carry it out but, well you know, the weight factor. A photo will have to do.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty credible rumor! See ya tomorrow afternoon!

    ReplyDelete